Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sweet 16 Card by Dedra Long


Whew! Here in our house we are in the full Sweet 16 birthday party mode. This Saturday we will be taking 12 teenagers, 3 boats, endless drinks, snacks and food to a nearby lake to celebrate. Hopefully we make it back alive and in one piece!
Last night the birthday invitations were complete as well as this Sweet 16 birthday card I made for Shelby. Through the years I have bought cards and given them out, but I have also noticed that I get an entirely different emotion when I give a handmade card instead. I have nothing against store bought cards but I see more emotion from a loved one when it is handmade.
I don't know about you guys, but when I lovingly make a card I also notice that my journaling inside the card comes more from my heart. Whether it's because the card is homemade or the journaling inside the card is more heartfelt, or both I have been trying more often then not to make the cards I give.

The Sweet Afternoon Collection was the perfect, soft palette to create this card around.
It reminds me of when Shelby was a little girl, yet the bold blue flower (Shelby's favorite color) also reminds me that she is becoming more independent and bold. Who thought color could get you all sentimental.



Supplies used:

Sweet Afternoon 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Sweet Afternoon 12 x 12 In the Garden Paper
Spring Fling Acrylic Stamps
Fabrications Acrylic Stamps
Fabrications Flower
Sweet Afternoon Cardstock Stickers

Thanks for taking a look.
Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...